Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 2 : Dirty mechanics...

The dirty mechanic is actually my husband who spent this morning changing the alternator in his car. It has taken him longer than usual and he told me that he thinks he is "past it". It's been awhile since he has done any home mechanics and so this time around it took so much longer because as he says " there is so much I can't remember how  to do". Growing up and even when we first met he use to do all the repairs etc on the cars. Now the cars are too complicated for most home mechanics and so repair jobs are few and far between. So this picture is probably something we will not see again in our household!

1 comment:

  1. This is a familiar sight for me, Dawn, not now but growing up with my Dad being a mechanic. There's something comforting about seeing the dirty hands and a piece of machinery. Your post made me think about whether my father would have continued to repair cars if he'd lived beyond 62, with all the electronic stuff.

    ReplyDelete